Wednesday 12 October 2016

Production Journal - Photoshop

In today's lesson we learned about Photoshop. If you don't know what Photoshop is then it is an image-editing software and you can use it for all sorts, for example; creating logos, posters, magazines or simply just to have fun.

When using Photoshop, you will normally use either an A4 or an A3 size document. To create an A4 document, the width will need to be 21cm and the length will need to be 29.7cm or to create a A3 document, the width will need to be 42cm and the length will need to be once again, 29.7cm. However, an easier way to do this is to select 'International Paper Size' as this will give you the option after that to either pick A4 or A3.

When using Photoshop, always use a PSD file - this is so you can edit it at any time. But also save a PSD file as well as a JPEG file version.

Image result for list of shortcuts photoshop

First we went through a few tips and shortcuts. For example the 'shift' key - this helps when you use the 'Marquee Tool' and it will help you if you are wanting to create the perfect circle/square or when you are wanting to put them both together/inside each of the shapes. However, as you can see from the image above, there are plenty more tips and shortcuts that you can use on Photoshop.













This is the first creation that I made and to make this I used the 'Marquee Tool'. The 'Marquee Tool' allowed me to use a Rectangular and Elliptical feature where I could draw out a rectangle/square shape, as well as a circular shape.Then to change the colour, I selected the bucket, selected my choice of colour, clicked a shape and then the programmer, coloured it in for me automatically. Or as you can see in the top right, this is where you can change the colour to which ever colour that you want.


















This is my second creation where I had to copy an image from the internet onto my document, where then after that, I could 'Lasso' the image (basically cut around it) to get rid of the background that was on the original picture. However, as you can see I still have a bit of the background due to it being very difficult to cut around its ears/head and between it legs. But I don't think it looks to bad anyway if I am honest. Once I had one almost cut out giraffe, all I needed to do then was click 'CTRL C' and then 'CTRL V' which would give me duplicated giraffes and I ended up with 5. Then to change the colour, I selected the bucket, selected my choice of colour, clicked a giraffe and then a giraffe was complete. Or as you can see in the top right, this is where you can change the colour to which ever colour that you want.

















This is my third creation and as you can see, I used leaves. I downloaded the leaves from 'Brusheezy' where once downloaded, I could then use them in my work. To use the downloaded leaves, you need to select the brush tool where then you are able to select many brush types and if you feel that they aren't the right ones or that you want more, then you can download some more from 'Brusheezy'. As you can see in the top right, this is where you can change the leaves colour to which ever colour that you want.

















This is my fourth creation and for this creation I used a fruit basket. I had to download this image from the internet and put it on an A4 size document. Once I had done that, I needed to go to the image bar at the top, click onto mode, then click onto 'Grayscale' and once I had done that, I needed to click discard colour information. By doing this, it makes my image go to 'Grayscale' and then to add colour back to it, you can just use the brush tool that basically unveils the previous image colour.















This is my fifth creation and for this short and simple creation, I used a few spade images. These images were already available for me to use on Photoshop and in order for me to be able to use them, all I had to do was to go to the rectangle tool and once selected, a little shape images becomes available on the top right of the bar at the top. Then all you have to do is click on it and then lots of images come up as you can see from one of the images above.




This is my sixth creation and for this creation I had to start of using the 'Marquee tool'. This allowed me to create rectangles, squares and circles and once I made them I could change it to whichever colour that I wanted. After doing this, the task was to warp the shape. To 'warp' the shapes I needed to select one of the shapes, right click, select 'warp' and then it could just change the shape of the original to shape to whatever I wanted to or whichever that I liked. As you can see, I tried this a few times to try to get used to it for when needed in the future.



This is my seventh creation on Photoshop and to do this I had to do a couple of things. First of all, I changed the background colour as you can see by selecting the 'gradient tool' and changing the two colours from a light blue to a black. I did this because it made the setting look more at night time which I thought was better than just having a green or a red for no reason. After I had changed the background, I needed an image from the internet and as you can see I went with spiderman. Once I had placed spiderman in the position that I wanted by using the 'move tool', I had to select the image, then go to edit at the bar at the top and select 'Stroke'. Once I had selected 'Stroke', it gave me the chance to play around with the opacity and the colour that will be around my image. As you can see I went with white, which makes the image stand out more.






This is my eighth creation on Photoshop. First of all I needed to get an image from the internet and as you can see I used a dog. Once I was happy with my image, it was time to 'Blur' around it so it makes us focus on what the designer wants us to focus on. To do this I had to go to 'Filter' at the top on the bar, I clicked onto 'blur', then onto 'Iris Blur'. Once I did that, I could then change the density of the blur to whichever part of the image I wanted to have the blur so then i could make a viewer just focus on one part of the image/picture - which turned out to be the dogs face, as you can see.



This is my ninth Photoshop creation and for this creation I had to filter the image so it looked more 'cartoon like' once I had taken it from the internet. To do this, I had to go to 'Filter', then 'Filter Gallery' which then gave me lots of options to make it more 'cartoon like'. For example you could use sponge or dry brush. Then once I had chosen a filter, I then could play around with the 'Thickness' and 'Intensity' of the image - this is what I did and this is what I came out with.




This is my tenth creation that I made on Photoshop. To do this is I had to get an image from the internet and as you can see I used a landscape image. Then after I was happy with my image I needed to create a new layer and use the 'Horizontal Type Mask tool'. So once I selected this tool, I typed my name but to make the text see-through, I needed to click the 'fx' tool in the bottom right, which then came up with this 'Layer Style box'. This was where I could change my text and make it look the way I did by editing the 'Opacity' and the 'Size' for example.





 

This is my eleventh creation that I produced on Photoshop. To do this I had to use the 'Horizontal Type tool' which allowed me to easily separate my text and space it out better. However, it didn't just do this automatically as with some fonts which I downloaded from 'DaFonts' from the internet, had really bad tracking, kerning and leading. So as you can see with the small box to the top right of the A4 page, I was able to edit the bad tracking, kerning and leading using the 'Character' and 'Paragraph' section which made the texts look more appealing and simply more professional.





No comments:

Post a Comment